Thursday, April 2, 2009

A complaint about HDTV reception and Channel 13 - WGME

This is an email I received directly in my inbox from someone very frustrated with HDTV reception:
----------------------------------------------------
I am emailing to complain about this transition that was forced upon us viewers. For those of us who do not have cable or satellite TV, this has quickly become a nuisance. Channel 13, specifically, has most of the shows that I like to watch, yet I cannot maintain signal. I have scanned for channels several times, adjusted my antenna, and was able to improve it to the limited signal that I currently have, but while other stations have a much stronger signal and a consistently clear picture now without all of the annoying pixelation and cuts, I find it especially aggravating that this one station, that I watch the most, cannot maintain a consistent signal. I am amazed to not hear stories of sponsors pulling their ads and dropping their support! Is this ever going to be resolved? Or, are we viewers stuck with this ineffective system?
----------------------------------------------------
I am going to email this user back with my comments but I thought I woud post this here so that others can comment as well.

RSC

No comments: