Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Response from QVC (Dave King) regarding misstatement about High Def

I received a wonderful email today from Dave King, one of the hosts of QVC, and I must apologize to him as I referred to him as Dan King - sorry Dave !!

Here's an excerpt from Dave's Letter

First of all, let me say that I thoroughly appreciate your taking the timeto write.

While I don't have a web site like you do, I do share your passion forkeeping the public informed about the upcoming transition to digitalbroadcasting on February 17, 2009. Your email prompted me to review the presentation you referred to, and you are correct - I misspoke,substituting the term "high def" for digital at the tail end of thepresentation. Rest assured, it won't happen again.

It is "rule number 1" at QVC to never mislead our viewers, so I will make sure that the Host Team, and our guests, are completely informed regardingthis issue. "

Many thanks to Dave for his email and I will take Dave at his word. I believe he will be diligent about getting the information out to his fellow co-hosts and the public correctly.

Kudos to QVC and Dave King for taking the time to respond to a consumer complain out of the blue.

No comments: