Sunday, January 13, 2008

WCSH Makes some noticeable changes- Brian Yocono, Todd Gutner

I think WCSH-6 finally got it right this time. Brian Yocono recently took over the weekend morning spot. He does a great job and seems very comfortable and natural in front of the camera.

I don't want to offend anyone but let's suffice it to say that WCSH has not made the best choices at times when it comes to anchors.

Brian Yocono was an overnight success. He started as a field reporter and it was only a matter of months before WCSH gave him his shot at the anchor desk on the weekends.

Now I don't know if this was a calculated choice or if they just needed someone to fill in. Whatever the reason, it worked. For the first time in years, I actually enjoy the WCSH 6 newscast. Brian has that young, vibrant, professional, handsome look about him that an anchor should have.

I congratulate him on his success and wish him much more.

I also noticed that Todd Gutner, our favorite weatherman is gone. Well, not really gone. He's on WBZ, the CBS affiliate in Boston. Thank god our local cable provider gives us all three of the big three networks out of Boston. I happen to see him last night. He looks happy and health and we wish him all the best as well. It is a shame that someone as passionate and knowledgeable about the weather like Todd is gone but the only weatherman I know of without an AMS designation is still around. Oh well, we like Kevin too.

No comments: