Friday, February 8, 2008

WGME not broadcasting in High Definition

On Friday, February 8, 2008, I was scrolling through the 7 channels I get locally since I only have over the air TV. I noticed that Channel 13, WGME out of Portland Maine, was not broadcasting in High Defintion at about 8:15 PM (prime time on a Friday).

I called the station and talked to a very nice guy named Donnie. He put me on hold for a second or two and I noticed that the problem was fixed. He came back to the phone and said that it should be OK now; to which I responded "I can see it is already fixed" and asked if someone forgot to "flip the switch" again. He said yes, and chuckled and bit, as I did, thanked me and we hung up.

Now I am not happy that I have to call my local televsion stations on a regular basis for this exact same reason, but it was nice to get a nice person for a change. I ususally have to call WCSH or WMTW and I never get the sort of nice treatment I got from Donnie.

Thanks for WGMW. I wish the average consumer didn't have to call to let you know you didn't flip the HD switch but if one has to, at least you will be kind to them.

No comments: