Thursday, September 4, 2008

WCSH 6 - NBC NIghtly News not in HD

September 4, 2008, I called WCSH 6 in Portland, ME, to let them know that the NBC Nightly News, which has been in HD for a long time now, was not being broadcast in HD.

I was asked by "Rob" if Time-Warner was my cable provider because there were "some problems" with that carrier.

When I told him I received his HD signal via antenna and that I checked on WHDH, NBC from Boston which was not having any problems so it wasn't a network feed issue, he told me he would check.

By the time I hung up the phone and looked at the TV, it had been fixed.

So many TV stations just can not get this HD thing right. Channel after channel, night after night, some station somewhere in my TV market isn't broadcasting in HD when they should be. WMTW out of Portland, ME still isn't broadcasting Nightline (ABC) in HD even though that show started being produced in HD a few weeks ago. ABC from Boston does but my local Portland stations doesn't, or should I say won't.

No comments: