Sunday, May 11, 2008

ABC Sunday morning goes High Definition

I have not been watching "This Week with George Stephanopolis" for the last few months. I'm not sure why. I usually watch "Meet the Press" and check in on ABC if I get bored with the conversation.

But today, much to my surprise, and three weeks late, I realized that "This Week" is now in High Definition. It is, in fact, the first network Sunday morning talk show to be in High Definition and I suspect that the ratings will go up.

I have always maintained that whoever blazes the HD trail will win out in the ratings, and therefore, in revenue. You've got a country of people starving for REAL High Definition programming. ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, and FOX all have the money to produce all of their network programming in HD but they don't. It's nice to see that at least some producers are taking the leap and realizing the benefits of HD.

I would much rather watch a show that I "sort of like" that's in HD than a show I like just a bit more that's not in HD. That sounds almost shallow, but it's true.

It's about time. Cheers to ABC for blazing the trail.

No comments: